Sunday 19 December 2010

poorly of Chelmsford

Last Saturday I came down with a cold (courtesy of my colleague) and it still here, while its not getting worse I dont seem to be getting better either!

I take multivitamins and everything but its still here...

Last Tuesday me and James went for our afternoon tea at The Ritz (LOL I dosed myself up on ibprofen before we went in ;o)). It was nice but nowhere near as nice as Claridges or The Dorchester as they seemed to be hurrying us along (it wasnt like we were eating slowly or anything) and one of the waiters even made a remark about the fact that we had eaten all of the food on our cake stand.

Hee hee they have even e-mailed me a survey to complete ;o) The fools!

Poor James was feeling quite grotty that day too (I think he had a different cold to me), so we looked for a restaurant quite near our hotel and found Prezzo we looked at the menu and decided to go in...

LOL we were looking through the literature on the tables and James pointed out that there was one in Chelmsford!

The meal itself was nice...

...we both went for pasta and then I had cheesecake ;o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Ritz looks beautiful. I hope you get well soon, colds totally suck. We don't have tea time over here, but the tower of food looks wonderful.

Eileen H said...

My cold lasted for over two weeks. Started with a sore throat and then lingered and lingered. Hope you feel better soon.

Tea at the Ritz sounds wonderful. I'm sure that son does tea there occasionally. Perhaps it's not polite to eat all the food that you've paid for :) Hubby and I wrap up any leftovers in a doggy bag and take it home :)

Al said...

Hope that your cold goes away before Christmas. I had a similar cold not so long ago that took a while to shift. Well, it wasn't a cold so much as Man-Flu but you know what I mean!

Have fun filling in the survey!

In case I don't get chance beforehand, I hope both yourself and James have a great Christmas.

chocolat lover said...

Connie - thanks...

the cakes at these high end hotels are always very intricate ;o)

Eileen - blimey I didnt realise that your cold lasted for more than 2 weeks...

...taking the left overs in a doggy bag sounds a class way to do it - they would probably bag up anything leftover for you if you asked ;o)

Al - I hope it does too...

...we hope that you have a good Christmas too ;o)

Timothy said...

I do enjoy the food at Prezzo especially the burgers. It's a great value restaurant especially with all of the specials/vouchers/discounts that seem to be floating around the net.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Timothy...

...I will look out for hte vouchers next time ;o)

Priyam Gandhi said...

Never had such an experience at the Ritz lol. You can check out some other amazing places for afternoon tea ;)