Friday 12 November 2010

windy rain

The weather yesterday was warning us about gusts of upto 80 mph!

I dont think that it was anywhere near as bad as that in London or Chelmsford yesterday...

...anyway yesterday lunchtime I popped out to get some fruit (I probably only had to walk 200 yards), but in that short distance I managed to get soaked even with an umbrella!

I came back ate half of my fruit, then decided that I felt too uncomfortable being so wet, so went down the the ladies on the second floor and took off my trousers so I could dry them with the hairdryer...

Dont worry I wasnt exposing myself because they have a cubicle with a changing room bench seat where the hairdryer is ;o) I got myself dryish before coming back to finish eating my melon & grapes, then decided to wear my last emergency pair of socks (must buy some more next week).

I left my wet socks drying on the fireproof box in our office, but they were still wet when I went to leave last night, I had visions of the cleaners taking them away in a toxic waste bag, but they were still there this morning ;o)

4 comments:

Al said...

I bet that was an interesting discovery for the cleaners!

Anonymous said...

I am surprised your umbrella didn't blow away. Once in Las Vegas, it was blowing so hard. I worked at City Hall downtown. It was blowing so hard that it was making the windows pop out and fall to the ground. The building was 8 floors high. It was scarey.

Eileen H said...

We had the gusts of 80mph here in north Wales !!

chocolat lover said...

Al - the cleaners are nice and they return my mug to my desk each night ;o)

Connie - it may not have blown away but the shaft is no longer straight!

The windows popping out would have been scarey! Did they send you home?

Eileen - yikes, did you get much damage?