Wednesday 10 July 2013

a new bedtime routine

Evies bedtime routine upto last week was: her having her bottle of milk, we would wait for a few minutes to make sure that she wasnt going to be sick.  If she was asleep I would put her straight into her cot and if she was awake then I would read her a story while we were sitting on our bed.

On Monday she got off of my lap (after she had her milk) and started to climb up the stairs herself, so I grabbed hold of a book to read to her and she went into her bedroom, so I read to her while she was lying in her cot.

Last night after her milk she got off of my lap again but this time she was holding my hand (to let me know that she wanted to walk to the stairs), so I grabbed hold of another book and we went up the stairs and again she crawled into her bedroom and was standing up by her cot so I put her into her cot and read to her while she played.

Afterwards she was lying down but fidgeting a lot so I turned out the light and left her to drop off.  But we could hear her chattering away so I went back in and stroked her back telling her to go to sleep and she must have dropped off soon after ;o)

I cant believe how much she is growing up already ;o)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwww, what a big girl. And what a good mommy- including books in the bedtime routine. :)

chocolat lover said...

I try my best ;o)

Eileen H said...

Aww she is growing up fast.

When my both of mine were big enough to be in a single bed, I used to lie down with them until they fell asleep... and would often fall asleep myself :-)

chocolat lover said...

I can see me & James doing that too ;o)