Wednesday 19 October 2011

leaning against the luggage rack

Yesterday we had overhead wire problems...

...I knew that the trains were going to be bad when I checked nxea journey planner following the alert that I received errrr alerting me to these, as half on the trains were starting halfway down the trainline thus avoiding where the overhead wire problems and us lowly passengers too.

I already knew that the two trains that I normally catch were starting at Shenfield so decided to get on the first train that was going my way...

I got to Liverpool Street Station and saw that there was an intercity train going to Norwich and as I was walking down the platform trying to find an empty seat I saw that the train was now standing room only so so I got on at the end carriage and stood leaning on the luggage rack (it wasnt too bad to be honest).

Hee hee I was in the quiet carriage and flouted the rules by not only listening to my MP3 player but I was also sending text messages ;o)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

You are naughty :)

You should be even naughtier and say in a loud voice
"I'm pregnant and I need to sit down, NOW!":)

chocolat lover said...

I did think about doing that...

Al said...

If you can find a decent spot, standing in a train need not be too uncomfortable.

Incidentally, I broke my 'having to stand' distance record last month between Reading and Bristol Parkway. On the plus side it was a hot day and I could stand by the open window which was nice.

chocolat lover said...

Al - thank goodness for the open window - its still not nice though when you have to stand up for a long time!