Sunday 7 July 2013

falling for the hype shmype

To say that Evie not walking yet is frustrating for me/us is an understatement...

...I know that she will do it when she is ready and that I shouldnt rush her...

But still a couple of friends have said that I should try Evie on some pre-walking shoes, yes I know that I scoffed at the idea back in September when we were waiting for Evie to start crawling.

On Friday I decided to get Evie some pre-walking shoes...

...we went into Clarks and walked through to the childrens section and told the salesperson what we were looking for...

...so I got Evie out of her buggy and sat her on the seat next to me so that the lady could measure her...

...looking at her foot on the measurer made me smile because her feet didnt even go up as far as the number started but the lady said that she thought that Evie was a size 3 and an e fitting.

So she went out to see what shoes they had in Evies size she came back with 3 pairs a pair with flowers, a pair with a bow and a pair of trainers.

I chose the ones with the flowers so the lady put them on Evies feet and checked where her toes were and then I held Evies hands and she had a toddle (as the saleswoman put it ;o)) the lady then decided that Evie will be better off with a size 3 1/2 as one foot is slightly bigger than the other.

So she bought out some more shoes in the bigger size and she put those on and Evie had another toddle - it was then decided that the shoes (that I liked) werent a good enough fit!  I have always had the same problems myself :o(.  I remember the arguments with my Mum because I couldnt have the shoes that I wanted!

So the lady bought out the pair with the bow on and they were a much better fit on Evie ;o)



So we bought them and I let Evie wear them home ;o)

She has now spent Saturday and today while we were out wanting to walk (with either me or James holding her hands) ;o)

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Did she have shoes before these?

chocolat lover said...

only bootees...

Eileen H said...

Lets hope she's off on her own very soon. You've done the right thing getting her expertly fitted.
Those shoes are very pretty.

chocolat lover said...

thanks ;o)

Kelly said...

I don't really know the difference, but maybe she feels the support under her feet of these shoes and it gives her more courage? Who knows! I'm sure once she starts walking, she'll quickly be running! Myles was a late walker, too. He was 18 months when he started walking, and 12 months when he crawled.

chocolat lover said...

the pre walkers definitely are more supportive and she likes walking about now,before she would just do one or two steps before wanting to sit down.