Monday 29 July 2013

sneaky raspberries

Evie loves helping me eat my fruit ;o)

Yesterday I had bought some raspberries, so I washed them and sat Evie on my lap so that she would let me put one in her mouth (as they are really soft and she will make a mess otherwise) she knocked my hand out of the way and started to cry (as in she wanted to pick one up herself) so fair enough I went and got her a bowl that she could put one in.

So I let her put a raspberry in her bowl and she just started to smoosh it up and didnt want to eat it.

And was crying when I was eating them as she wanted more to play with.

As I wasnt going to let her smoosh anymore up I just took them back into the kitchen and then popped out there half an hour later and ate them while standing up!

I think that I am going to stick to blueberries in future ;o)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

I think most kiddies like to play with food. You'll have to let her play with some mashed potato instead, much less messy :-)

chocolat lover said...

good idea ;o)

Kelly said...

It is good that she wants to play with the food and that she doesn't have any aversion to weird, slimy, mushy textures! With that being said, I get it- raspberries are messy! It's hard being the tough mom ;)

chocolat lover said...

she loves textures of things ;o)