Sunday 20 November 2016

no toads

Ever since Evie has been having school dinners she has started to like yorkshire puddings...

...so I bought her some and she has had one each night with her dinner....

...and as she likes sausages and bacon, last night I did her some pigs in blankets (ready made) especially as they are everywhere for the run up to Christmas :)

So yesterday (as we were going food shopping) I asked Evie if she would like to try a toad in the hole and she looked at me in disgust and said that she doesnt want to eat a toad :)

So after some reassurance and explaining its just a silly name and its actually sausage in yorkshire pudding and showing her a packet of it she said that she will try it :).

7 comments:

Agent 54 said...

Sounds just like Muskrat parmigiana.

chocolat lover said...

sounds delish :) except for the fact that I dont like cheese :)

The Captain said...

Sorry "bought", "packet"?

chocolat lover said...

Kirt - LOL I aint got no good grammer :)

chocolat lover said...

Kirt - oh I get it now...

...its less problematic to buy ready made as if I made them myself and Evie didnt eat them James would moan that it was because I didnt make them properly! :)

Eileen H said...

Oh batter for Yorkshires is so easy to make and you just need to have the fat red hot, easy. I do own up to buying frozen toads in the holes though :)

chocolat lover said...

I do know how to make yorkshire puddings :)

When I first started work I worked with a lady who didnt know the recipe for yorkshire puddings...

...she would buy packet mixes of it and then moan that the packet made too much :)