Wednesday 8 September 2010

I knew she was going to cause problems

I was in Marks & Spencer yesterday lunchtime getting my lunch...

...I was queuing to use the self scan tills and there was a lady in front of me with a basket, and I saw that she was sipping from a 500 mil bottle of diet cola.

My first thought was that if she hasnt paid for it then the till will throw a fit when she scans it because it isnt going to have the proper weight!

Sure enough as I was scanning my bits I heard a voice next to me say "I was drinking from the bottle while queueing"...

...at least I didnt get held up by this ;o)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

self scan seems more of a hassle than anything over there for y'all...

way to use your intuition ;)

chocolat lover said...

sometimes it can seem more trouble than its worth...

Al said...

There's always one isn't there?

Self scan is only a hassle when people don't use their common sense and don't follow the instructions fully (so that's most of the time then!). Problems caused by the equipment itself are pretty rare. If she hadn't been drinking from the bottle she wouldn't have had a problem.

chocolat lover said...

as you probably say "blooming customers" ;o)

Al said...

I normally word it a little more strongly than that, it has to be said!