Friday 3 September 2010

bouncing pound coin

I was in Sainsburys yesterday lunchtime buying a packet of mango, got to the self service till (as its supposed to be quicker) , scanned my mango put my £5.00 note into the note identifier slot.

I then watched the change shoot into the change tray and promptly watched awestruck as one of the pound coins bounced out of the tray, so I collected the rest of the coins that were still in the tray and moved the carrier bags to pick up the dropped coin but it wasnt there!

What had happened to my coin? My guess was that it had done the "one in a million" chance of falling into the gap between the weight sensitive area where you place your scanned goods and the casing.

I attracted the attention of the member of staff watching the self scanning tills and told her what had happened, and she pulled the weight sensitive paddle out and used her keys to dig out my £1 coin.

Phew that was a relief (I was quite attached to that pound) ;o)

1 comment:

Al said...

It could have been worse, it might have fell onto the floor and rolled away, never to be seen again!