Tuesday 7 September 2010

tube strikes & lightning strikes

Firstly sorry for 2 posts today...

Yesterdays journey home was a blooming nightmare...

...I got to Liverpool Street Station and the concourse was crowded (not so crowded that you couldnt get to your platform but very busy), so I looked up at the departure boards and saw that my train was there, so I pushed my way through walked upto the platform, and the carriages were rammed!

It was like they had only provided an 8 carriage train as opposed to the normal 12 (so I looked up at the board and there was no mention of the train being short), then it struck me that the train was busy because of the tube strike and workers leaving early so they didnt get home too late.

So I walked up the platform and finally found the carriages toward the back werent so busy, so I plonked myself down on a seat ;o) When the train left our carriage was also packed!

So the journey began...

...the train left Liverpool Street but started to go slow from Stratford onwards, when we got to Forest Gate the train stopped, and the driver announced that there was going to be severe delays (they dont usually use the word severe so I knew it was going to be bad) as there had been a lightning strike at Seven Sisters, and the trains were going to be slow up until we get to Shenfield.

The train finally started speeding up when we got to Brentwood, I tried to text James but typically we were in the mobile reception dead spot, so waited until we got to Shenfield so I could let him know that I was 10 minutes away.

I finally got home nearly an hour late...

2 comments:

Al said...

Ah yes, the Tube strike. The service status boards do not make pretty reading at the moment with 9 out of the 11 lines either fully or partially suspended, and one of the two good ones is the Waterloo & City so that shouldn't really count!

There's nothing better than the smug feeling you can get from having a seat in a packed train!

chocolat lover said...

I do like it when I have a seat...

...the trains were ok last night too, so that was good...