Sunday 19 September 2010

I was expecting the worst

We were in Poundland yesterday (I was dragged in there kicking & screaming by James), I have to admit I hate that shop (its on the same level as Charity shops if you were wondering) with a passion...

...anyhow I was looking in there (like you do) and in their cookery section I saw some silicone chocolate moulds, I have seen similar ones on sale in Lakeland reduced down to £4.99, so I saved nearly £8 - how good is that? ;o)


My plan (at the moment) is to make some chocolates at Christmas (dont expect me to share them mind ;o)), sometimes (read every time) you have to quality control 100% of what you have made (just to make sure that none of them are poisonous) ;o)


After my lunch on Thursday, I was sure that when I weighed myself this morning that I would have gained some weight...

...so with this in mind I was steeled for a massiveish gain...

...and would you believe that once I had opened my eyes (yes I do weigh myself with my eyes shut in the belief that if I dont see it then it didnt happen), and I had lost two pounds - a whole kilogram ;o).

I was well surprised ;o)

6 comments:

Eileen H said...

I quite like Poundland, you can find some bargains in there, just like you have, though I've never made my own chocolates.

Well done you for losing over 2 lbs in a week. Made me smile that you get on the scales with your eyes closed!

chocolat lover said...

thanks Eileen... ;o)

Al said...

Perhaps you should have a lunch like that every week as it seems to work!

I hate Poundland too, it just appears to be mostly full of rubbish to me. Well, that and people wandering around buying things just because they're a pound in the belief that it must be good value because it's in the pound shop. Of course they forget that it's there for a reason and can often be a false economy.

Kelly said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I bought a Lego brick ice cube tray at Legoland made out of the same stuff that your chocolate mold is. I bet your could make chocolate in it. I saw them at the Lego store that was in the shape of mini figures. I will take a picture of it and put it on Flickr to show you the one I have.

chocolat lover said...

Al - that sounds like a good idea ;o)

like Eileen said you do find the odd bargain - but mainly its stuff that would sell in the supermarket for 99p!

Connie - lego chocolates sounds like a fab idea - there is a lego store at Bluewater - so if we go tehre before Christmas I will look to see if they sell them in there ;o)