Sunday 5 September 2010

I was being irrational

We were in Marks & Spencers yesterday morning, and James suggested that I should buy a new rain coat, so I tried one on in a size 14, and it felt tight! So James said to me why dont you just get a bigger size? I must admit I felt quite upset about the size 14 feeling tight, its like Im losing the battle of trying to stay slimish!

I know that I am not because I can still pull up my size 12 jeans without undoing them!

So I told him that I was going to stick with the rain coat that I have at the moment and will wait until I can comfortably fit into a 14 again... ;o)

He said that he didnt understand why I was being so stubborn!

I weighed myself this morning and have put on 200 grammes (which I know is hardly anything) and I still have 5 weeks to lose some weight...

...I am putting it down to not doing anything on the exercise bike for 3 days and on a couple of days I had some cakes for my mid-morning snack that I didnt know the calories of (so hee hee I have put them on the side for James Mum & Dad to have ;o)).

4 comments:

Al said...

I bet that's simply down to a small variation in the sizing. I can understand waiting too, there's no point in buying something new when it's going to be too big before long.

Kelly said...

Dont get me started on trying on clothes ;)

I wish there weren't sizes and we just had to eyeball it and then try it on. Wouldn't that workout just fine?

chocolat lover said...

Al - very true - when I was dieting properly I left buying new stuff for the weekend until I got down to roughly where I wanted to be - and I can still fit into those clothes... ;o).

Kelly - that would be a far better idea...

Eileen H said...

You're not being stubborn. Sensible, men just don't understand!

I'm having this battle, I want to drop a dress size, so have bought some trousers a size down as the motivation to stick with this diet!