Friday 19 August 2011

reading to the bump

On the weekly update that I received from Babycentre yesterday it said that the baby can hear everything that is being said now ;o)

It also suggested reading the same book to the bump every day and to continue reading the same one after littlun has been born to see if she responds ;o)

So I had a looksie last night at the four Little Miss Books that James bought me a few years ago, and I saw that  one of them was Little Miss Stubborn (I cant think why he would have bought that for me ;o)).

So I read Little Miss Stubborn to her ;o)

It reminds me of when Brother #2 and my Sister were little and I was reading Mr Chatterbox to them and my Brother thought I was making it up when I said that he talked all day and all night ;o).

I am letting getting James to chose a book that he can read to her too ;o)

4 comments:

Al said...

That's quite a cool idea and a nice choice of book considering she's already displayed something of a stubborn streak during the scan!

chocolat lover said...

I thought that it was quite apt...

...I just hope that it doesnt give her any ideas ;o)

Eileen H said...

You should start singing some lullabies to her too.
When she is born and starts to cry I'm sure the familiar sounds will soothe her.

chocolat lover said...

I have started singing Frere Jaques to her ;o)