Sunday 21 August 2011

the weirdos have descended

This weekend is the V Festival and Chelmsford is over run with festival goers...

I had even considered having Friday off as a days holiday as I was convinced that as I would be travelling when the cheap train tickets are still in force that I wouldnt be able to get a seat.  I was all ready to thrust my bump into someones face so that I could have their seat, I need not had worried as I got a seat in the very first carriage, I happened to be sitting with a few French Foreign Exchange Students though!

Here is a photo of a festival goer on his way to Chelmsford...


now back to the French kids...

...as we were passing the Olympic Stadium I heard a voice (from further down the carriage) shout out that on the left is the Olympic Stadium and then she translated it into French too, the kids that I were sitting with just vaguely looked up form their smart phones to have a glance out of the window.

We pulled into Chelmsford and a few obvious looking festival goers got off of the train, Im guessing that loads more were going to arrive later in the evening.

We normally go into town early on Saturday morning so managed to avoid the influx of people

Following on from buying maternity trousers the other week I bought a few tops yesterday, and will have to look to buy a few more online.

You really would think that more shops would sell maternity stuff!

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

Mothercare closed down in Rhyl and I don't think you would get ANY maternity clothes at all here. In fact one in five shops are closed!

As for getting a seat I think you should be telling people that you need to sit down in case you pass out,
whilst giving bump a telling rub:)

chocolat lover said...

I like the "I might pass out" line I will definitely use it when the need arises ;o)

Al said...

I'm happy that your train journey wasn't as bad as you were expecting it to be. You can't really expect the French to be overly impressed with our Olympic efforts either, given the circumstances... :)

chocolat lover said...

We could build something really spectacular and the French would hate it because it was done by the English!

Al said...

It pretty much works the same way in reverse too...