Sunday 28 August 2011

walking in the rain

Yesterday afternoon after finishing our lunch me and James went for a walk.  The clouds were really grey as we left the house so we took a golf umbrella with us and sure enough halfway there there was a downpour.

We walked down to the Chelmer Village Retail Park mainly so that we or rather James could look at the yummy things being sold in T K Maxx.  The last time we went in there was when I was looking for a formal dress for our cruise back in October and they had lots of yummy things (being just before Christmas).

However going in August there were only a few bits and they didnt even have a customer bathroom that I could see.

So we then went into Costa (as I was absolutely desperate by then) and we walked in and there was a fairly long queue for people waiting to be served.  James went and got a seat and I stood in line about three minutes later James came over (he must have seen the pained expression on my face) and said that he would get the drinks so that I could go to the toilet, do you know that when I came back the queue hadnt moved at all.  I think that he eventually got served about 10 minutes later.

He came over with our drinks he had got me what I had wanted but ended up only having a black coffee himself (in the belief that he would get our drinks quicker) so I let him have some of my decaff latte so his wouldnt taste so bitter.

After Costas we then went into Hobbycraft so that I could have a look at the stuff for making cards.

We then made our way home and luckily the rained held off until we got back ;o)

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

That's an unusual way of thinking, a black coffee will be served quicker than a white coffee.
I suppose you can't fault his logic :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice walk other than the rain and the lines.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - very true ;o)

Connie - if it isnt one then its always the other ;o)

Al said...

Personally, after five minutes of waiting I would have been tempted to just leave.

Sometimes I lack patience.

chocolat lover said...

Al - James is very like you too...

...I think that if he had been on his own then he would have walked out