Wednesday 12 October 2011

upping my calcium levels

Every week I get an e-mail from Babycentre telling me how littlun is doing...

...James gets his e-mail two days before I get mine as he hasnt updated the due date on his profile...

With that in mind yesterday he e-mailed me a snippet saying that littlun is needing lots of calcium and if I dont get enough then what is needed will get nicked from my bones!

I dont actually like the taste of milk so my first thought was to buy flavoured milk but James pointed out that I shouldnt get anything with too much added sugar...

...so I have bought some yoghurt smoothies - the one that I am drinking as I blog is a vanilla bean & maple syrup one ;o)

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

Wait until you get cravings :)
I remember waking up desperate for a bacon buttie in the middle of the night :) Not to mention the liquorice sticks dipped in sherbert - I cringe now at all the sugar!
It's marvellous in this day and age to be getting updates on your pregnancy so that you look after yourself and the little one.
You are going to be great parents :)

chocolat lover said...

todays technology is a wonderful thing ;o)

I( am looking forward to the cravings and sending James out at some unearthly hour ;o)

Al said...

There are probably other sources of calcium rather than milk or yoghurts, but they're the two main ones that most people think of. Indeed, I immediately thought milk and probably wouldn't have even made the connection to yoghurt.

Some vegetables, mainly in the cabbage family, are apparently good sources of calcium if you're looking for a bit of variety. Canned fish too, although you don't like fish much do you?

I can just imagine you sending James out in the middle of the night for something obscure...