Sunday 23 October 2011

flu jab

Yesterday morning I went for my flu jab...

I walked into the Doctors Surgery and told the receptionist that I had an appointment at 08.22 for my flu jab, and she said to walk down to the nurses office.

I walked down there and saw that there was one lady having her jab done so I went to sit down and a nurse in the other room called me in...

...she asked me if I had had the vaccination before and I said no she then asked me why I was having it done and I said that it was because I am pregnant, she then said that "being pregnant you should be used to being prodded and poked by now" ;o)

She then asked me if I had any allergies and I said no she then asked if I could eat chicken & eggs?  I can eat chicken & eggs so I am ok but what if I was a vegetarian or a vegan?

As I come out from having my injection I saw a queue of 80 old people snaking around the surgery, the front of the queue wasnt where I had come from but was toward the doctors rooms.

Oooohhh how I would have loved to take a pop shot at a few of them...

...dont worry I didnt but I was mighty tempted ;o)

Following littluns love of music I made sure that I watched both Dancing With The Stars and Strictly Come Dancing and surprisingly enough she boogied to two songs on DWTS but absolutely nothing on SCD...

...she clearly prefers the American version!

Talking of Strictly I had a dream last night that Jason walked out on the show in disgust after being in the bottom two :o(  I cant remember try as I might who he was at the bottom with.

Very strange...

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

Martyn is going for his flu jab this week. I knew the vaccine was made from chickens eggs, but that's an interesting point about vegetarians or vegans. I have never thought about it.
My daughter is a vegetarian and won't eat anything made from gelatin. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have a flu jab though I must ask her about that.

Al said...

If you're dreaming about a TV show then you're probably watching it too much!

I should really have the flu jab as well but I can't be bothered with it this year. I always end up feeling terrible after it so I'm going to take my chances!

chocolat lover said...

Al - I felt ok after having my one done - but then I dont know if they have side effects

Eileen - they are clearly of the opinion that if you dont like it then tough luck

Joe Jarvis said...

Your appointment was for 8:22? That's very precise! Here they usually schedule patients on the hour and then make you wait a good 15 minutes.

chocolat lover said...

Joe - the very precise time was because everybody coming in was having a quick injection.

The appointments (to see the doctor) is normally every 15 minutes and you are allowed 10 minutes seeing him/her, most of the time you are seen on time although once a few years ago I had to wait for an hour!