Sunday 12 June 2011

James is a witch

As you may recall my local supermarkets have been devoid of marmite breadsticks.

Anyhow we were in Poundland yesterday (or rather I had been dragged in there) and James said to me "have you tried looking in here for your marmite breadsticks" so I said no and wandered off for a looksie...

...well blimey o'reilly I found a whole basket full of them 3 for £1, so I put 21 in our basket (one packet a day makes it one months worth) and yelled out to James (to fit in with the regular Poundland customers of course) that he was a witch because I found them ;o)


Ok what I actually found were breadstick bites so I am not sure what country that they were produced for and cant see any telltale signs on the packet, but as they say "dont look a gifthorse in the mouth" ;o)

5 comments:

Al said...

The easiest way to discover the intended country is often to look for any customer contact information and see where that's based.

I wonder what's happened to the breadsticks in Sainsbury's. I'm pretty sure my store still stocks them but then that is Tesco rather than *spit* Sainsbury's.

Eileen H said...

Do I sense a Poundland convert?

chocolat lover said...

Al - the customer contact information is in the UK so I am wondering if they are for NI perhaps.

They dont have them in Tesco either...

...I even e-mailed both Tesco, Sainsbury & Asda.

Sainsbury said that they would put a request in for me to our store but Tesco said that they werent popular enough end of discussion type thing! Asda said that they would ask our store to order more stock.

Eileen - definitely not ;o)

Al said...

I'll have a look tomorrow and see if we still stock them...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can order them online. We have something like that, I buy them sometimes.