Sunday 26 June 2011

emergency biscuits

For the past few weeks I have found that if I do anything slightly energetic then I start to feel light headed.

I spoke to the doctor about it and she said that I was eating nutrition for two people and that I should either eat some fruit or a cereal bar.

In the morning I have been not only eating my tenses (like elevenses but an hour earlier), but I have also been eating a cereal bar too!

So last week I started buying two lots of fruit to eat in the afternoon (something to have with my lunch) and then a packet of grapes to munch on through to home time, this has helped and has stopped me needing to dip into the packet of biscuits in my rucksack.

Yesterday we were in Marks & Spencer just getting a few bits and I started to come over light headed, so I darted off (not such a good idea when you are feeling light headed) to get a tub of micro bites - I ate about half of them before I even got to the till ;o).

With this in mind a bought a bag of party rings with me while doing the big shop, and yes I did start to feel light headed again...

...and this morning before we went out I even had a slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter ;o)

At least I have the perfect excuse for all of this eating ;o)

4 comments:

Al said...

A perfect excuse indeed!

If you find you're getting the same feeling quite a lot it might be worth considering eating little and often rather than just at mealtimes, like you're doing at work.

Eileen H said...

Of course the doctor is right and you need to do lots of healthy eating, little and often, and of course eating for two doesn't mean eating twice as much :)

Connie T. said...

When I was pregnant, I was sick all the time. I could hardly eat anything. Just carry something to snack on if you need it.

chocolat lover said...

Al - I dont get the feeling when at home as I can get away with just lounging around & taking things very slowly ;o)

Eileen - Im not eating twice as much but I am eating more!

Connie - luckily I havent had any sickness although I did have a horrible taste in my mouth which has gone now ;o)