Thursday 9 June 2011

they charged us twice

On Tuesday we went to see Peter Kay at the O2 Arena.

We booked up a hotel (through a hotel booking website) to stay the night so we didnt have to rush back that night and worrying about missing the last train home.

So I booked the hotel and payment was taken...

So we checked into the hotel and they found our reservation ok (which was good).

We got to the O2 Arena at about 5pm ish and were just hanging about drinking coffees and trying to kill time until the show starts (Entertainment Avenue was no more than just restaurants), that was not James idea of entertainment at all!

So we were eventually allowed in and we found our seats (which were really high up).

The support act was Rick Astley he was really good and finished with Never Going to Give You Up which had everyone grooving ;o)

Peter Kay was really good too, apparently (if he was telling the truth and not porkies (Kelly you can translate this from pork pies in that book I sent you ;o)) they were recording the show we saw for the dvd ;o).

He even kindly told us that there was an encore so not to walk out early thinking that it was finished.

Do you know that despite being told that there was an encore loads of people walked out early. The encore was the best part in my opinion ;o)

Anyhow the next morning we went to check out and the receptionist told me that I still had to pay for the room, I said "I think that I have already paid for that " and she said "no, your card was just used for the reservation but no money has been taken"...

...now I was pretty sure that I had already paid and not wanting to cause a scene I paid for our room (again), but when I got into work this morning I checked on my internet banking and sure enough I had already paid (bloody cheek).

So I have e-mailed them (both the hotel and the company I booked the room through) to complain...

...I will let you know what happens.

6 comments:

Eileen H said...

Hopefully you will get a refund and you won't have to prove that the money was taken twice. Bet you're hopping mad.

Glad you enjoyed the show. You'll have to get the DVD as a reminder and hopefully see yourself in the audience.

A few months ago we were watching snooker on the TV and saw (ex) daughter-in-law on the front row of the audience. Son confirmed she was there!

chocolat lover said...

I am mad...

...will definitely buy the dvd (but we were so far back I doubt that we would be seen).

How weird was that seeing your ex daughter in law on telly ;o)

Al said...

As it's the O2 I imagine that would have been the venue used for the tour DVD recording.

As for the hotel thing, that's the reason why if I do anything like that I always print out and take with me any receipts confirming payment. I've never needed them yet, but I imagine something like that would have been handy in this situation. Benefits of hindsight though, and it's a good job you had enough in the account to allow you to pay again.

Kelly said...

I hope you complain to the point of getting your next stay complimentary. I would go ahead and call and ask to speak to the front desk manager and explain what happened and how dissatisfied you are and ask what they plan to do, as you are frequently staying in hotels and you could easily take your business to a nice, posh place that won't screw with your money or your business.

Email is good, but calling the front desk will get you something extra. I worked at the front desk of a 4 star hotel, I should know.

chocolat lover said...

Al - he was doing several nights at the O2...

I used my credit card to pay for it, but next time I will definitely bring something confirming that the money has been taken.

Kelly - thanks I will give that a go...

Al said...

Well if you used a credit card and don't get any joy from the hotel etc. get in touch with the card company. They'll probably be able to do something.