Sunday 8 July 2012

eating finger foods

When I took Evie to get weighed the other week the Health Visitor told me to try her next on finger foods.

So we have been giving her slices of apple, carrot batons and bits of bread which she has happily sucked on until yesterday.

Yesterday I cut up a peach to eat and when I realised that it was nice and sweet (the last one I tried to feed her on was under ripe) I gave her a slice to hold and she was sucking on it and when I looked closely she had actually managed to bite gum some of it off and eat it ;o)

Then last night I had done myself some pasta with my dinner and gave Evie a piece to hold and I was really surprised that she managed to bite gum some of that off too, I took the pasta off of her after that as I am not too sure if she is able to have it yet.

So I gave her an asparagus spear and saw that she had again bitten gummed some off and when I came to undress her she had loads of it around her neck (but I couldnt see any of the earlier peach or pasta).


I shall ask the health visitor when I see her on Wednesday - James thinks that if Evie is happy to eat it then to let her ;o)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What an assortment of food! Lucky little Evie :) When Myles was at that stage, he really liked bananas. I would cut them up for him and put them on his high chair tray and he would have a hard time grasping them. Then, one day, his teacher told me to just let him hold the whole banana...and it actually worked out pretty well!

chocolat lover said...

thanks I will have to try that ;o)