Wednesday 11 July 2012

something she actually liked

It has been a real struggle to get Evie to eat more than a few mouthfuls most of the time.

Yesterday I was doing Evie a batch of apple puree and decided to add some to the half a potato and a couple of thin asparagus spears that I had saved for her from my dinner last night.

When I gave her her dinner (of this concoction) last night she really enjoyed it.

I shall have to make sure that I start adding some fruit to all of her meals as that may mean that she  will start eating more

Although one of the NCT Mums said that she read that "food under one... just for fun".  I know that I shouldnt really obsess about how much she is eating as she is putting on weight ok and is still her normal happy self ;o)

LOL the concoction that I gave her yesterday reminded me of the "recipes" as me & my brother would call them that Mum used to make when we were kids - I cant exactly remember what they were (and probably werent weird at all) but I am talking thirty years ago now...

...I feel mega old now thinking that it was that long ago ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Don't stress about what Evie is eating, as long as she is gaining weight that's OK. We all have our preferences anyway.

If you are feeling mega old then I am an ancient :-)

chocolat lover said...

I know that you are right on the feeding thing ;o)