Sunday 22 July 2012

they are calling them Summer opening times

We were in Marks & Spencer yesterday and saw a sign about their Summer Opening times, this must be the relaxing of the Sunday trading law that i heard would be happening.

So with this tidbit of information I decided that we should see if Sainsburys would be open earlier too, lol I even made James go home via there yesterday ;o)  There was nothing on the door and when I asked at customer services they said that they were open at the normal times 9.30 am to 4pm but you cant buy anything until 10 am.  I really think that Sainsburys are missing a trick here especially with their locality to Stansted Airport and the people who are going to fly to that airport thinking that its in London!  Sorry that is one of my many bugbears.

We are now in the Summer Holidays and six weeks of there being no activities for babies!  Its not like babies dont ever get bored is it?  I popped into the cinema to ask about the Newbies screenings and they told me that they arent being shown during the school holidays as they cant fit them in!  Thats total rubbish and just because with the few people that attend they can make more money out of the school kids - just be honest about it!  They did suggest that we go to see the kids club films instead and they are showing every day during the school holidays.  So I had a look at this weeks offering and it is Diary of a Wimpy Kid which I dont really fancy.

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

I think you're absolutely right about making money out of the schoolkids. You wouldn't want to take Evie to the kids club would you? If it's anything like when I was a kid at the Saturday morning pictures every week... we were a rowdy lot!

chocolat lover said...

I dont think that I will be taking her to the kids club showing...

Kelly said...

Does 'bugbears' equal 'pet peeves'?

That trading law is interesting. Here, at least in Texas, the only thing similar to that is the restrictions on when you can buy alcohol. For instance, you can't buy alcohol before noon on Sundays. Oh, also, car dealerships have to be closed either Sunday or Monday. Go figure.

chocolat lover said...

Kelly - bugbears is the same as pet peeves.

The car dealership thing is strange!