Tuesday 10 July 2012

a local food bank

The other day James picked up a leaflet about a food bank opening in Chelmsford and that there is a donation point (for this week only) in town.

Anyway yesterday I made sure that I left early enough so that I could pop into Tesco to buy some food for the food bank.

There seems to be several different lists of what stuff they need and one of them mentioned nappies and baby formula - so I bought a packet of nappies (size 3 that Evie wears) and a freebie carton of formula (its a different make to what we normally use).

I think that these food banks are a great idea and I am sure that it is something that my Mum would  have needed to use (when me & my brother were kids) so I am more than happy to donate to them  and to help someone in need.

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

That was very good of you. It's such a shame that food banks are needed in this day and age.
At our supermarket there is a collection bin for a local dog rescue and I have donated to that, sometimes things that Annie hasn't been keen on!

chocolat lover said...

thats a good idea giving them things that Annie doesnt like ;o)

Kelly said...

Thank you for giving to your food bank. Even if it doesn't benefit me, I've used local ones and they really make a difference.

chocolat lover said...

Kelly - that is exactly why I gave to them ;o)

I made sure that I included tea bags as things can look "not quite so bleak" after a "cuppa".