Monday 16 July 2012

adding some meat

While out getting the food shopping yesterday I bought some meat that I will be able to add to Evies food.

I bought some chicken thighs, pork shoulder steaks, and lamb rump steaks.

Last night I had 2 chicken thighs, asparagus, sprouting broccoli, sugar snap peas and potatoes for my dinner, so I saved a tiny piece of chicken, a potato, a sprouting broccoli, and an asparagus spear  for her to have for dinner tonight.

I whizzed it up in the mini blender and added some mango to give it some sweetness.

Hopefully she will eat it ok ;o)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

Sounds delicious, I'm sure she'll enjoy it.
You are doing exactly the right thing introducing new flavours and textures gradually.

chocolat lover said...

she did enjoy it ;o)

Kelly said...

Good for you, introducing a variety of flavors and foods. I did the same with Myles and he will eat about anything these days. I have a friend whose daughter is the pickiest eater...she won't even *try* new things! Yikes. I'm glad Myles isn't that way...and I attribute it to the way I exposed him to new foods as a baby. (For instance, how you're doing it..I don't know how many mom's think to introduce asparagus to their babies, but you're doing it! Yay!)

chocolat lover said...

Kelly - it makes me laugh that Evie is eating posh food like asparagus ;o)

Were hoping that she continues to like to try new things ;o)