Sunday 5 December 2010

better than chocolate

Yesterday I went to Taste of Christmas, I was supposed to go with my Sister-in-Law, but she lives on the outskirts of Trowbridge, its all country winding roads where she lives, and understandably she didnt want to get stuck in the snow somewhere trying to get home after. This country really doesnt do snow very well!

So James came with me instead...

We got there and James was sulking, and decided to sit down while I went for a look around...

...so I made my way around to the Cuisine au Chocolat kitchen, and a demonstration was about to start, so I plonked myself down and it was the head chef from Sams Brasserie. He made chocolate french toast and some chocolate pancakes...

...I got to try some and they were lovely ;o)

Just as Ian was finishing, they announced that Jean-Christophe Novelli would be up next, so I got myself a prime seat right in the centre and at the front so that I would get a really good view ;o)

It was about 10 minutes before he came on stage, he cooked a chicken dish with a chocolate onion sauce (the aromas were absolutely gorgeous).

He eventually finished and he was standing at the side if anyone wanted to say hello/get his autograph/picture...

...so I grabbed my bag, coat and fleece and joined the queue. James had meanwhile caught up with me (I had texted him to tell him where I was). I woman in front of me (her name was Annette) got him to autograph her programme and I asked if it would be ok to get a picture of him with me. He put his arm around me and posed...


...then asked us what our names were and if we were enjoying ourselves and then he gave me a kiss...

...Jean-Christophe kissed me! Annette didnt get a kiss but I did ;o) It made really my day ;o).

James afterwards asked if he had spoilt the day for me with his sulking and I said that Jean-Christophe kissing me more than made up for it ;o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband would have done the same thing.

chocolat lover said...

Its good to know that James isnt the only man like that ;o)

Al said...

Men are allowed to sulk when we're being dragged to somewhere we don't want to go, it's in the rules. :-)

Eileen H said...

Ohhh lucky you. Don't wash that kiss off for at least a week :)

chocolat lover said...

Al - I should have remembered...

Eileen - I dont intend to ;o)