Sunday 12 December 2010

Four trips

"Tuesday afternoon & Wednesday was spent wrapping presents...

on Friday I went to the Post Office four times! The first time was to buy 15 boxes...

,,,the second, third and fourth time I took 12 of the parcels to be mailed, I had the time to send the final three, I just didnt have the energy!

I know that Christmas is the time of year that Charities get their most donations.

Normally at Chelmsford train station you get one or two charities collecting per week...

...this week just past guess how many charity collections there were?

"two?" not even close
"three?" I wish
"surely not four?" Yes there were four; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday - I guess that they thought that if someone did Wednesday too then it would be "too much"!

Surely the best time to target rich city folk is after 10pm on a Friday night when they are sufficiently "tanked up" and more willing to be "charitable".

We were in Sainsburys this morning getting our food shopping for the week, as usual we were scanning and packing our shopping as we went. Anyhow we got to the till and there was a boy scout (he must have been about eight years old) and he asked "can I help you with your packing?" my first thought was "are you taking the p1ss?" so I said to him "no Im ok we packed our things as we went along" and the cashier said to the scout trouper (or whatever they are called) "this isnt the best till to stand at as everyone will have their bags already packed" so I said to the kid "thanks anyway ;o)". The scout trouper then walked him to another till.

5 comments:

Al said...

I bet the people in the Post Office wondered what on Earth you were up to!

We quite often have a similar bag packing thing in Tesco on the run up to Christmas and they do seem to make quite a bit out of it. They do it at other times of the year ocassionally too. We also have local primary schools in to sing Christmas songs for a couple of hours too, which is a nice distraction.

No doubt this week will see the start of the same Christmas CD on endless repeat...

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of packages to send. I have to go to the post office tomorrow. I am sending a letter to you.

Eileen H said...

I like to pack my own bags. I even sort my shopping as I put in on the conveyor belt, something always seems to end up crushed though.

Suppose its a good way way for them to raise money. Whatever happened to bob a job week? Suppose with inflation it'd be a fiver a job week now :)

Kelly said...

Too bad there isn't some type of 'Frequent Mailer' line you could jump in and skip all the pedestrian mailers ;)

chocolat lover said...

Al - LOL I think they did - last year they came out and asked me what it was that I was sending ;o)

James gets would up with all of the Christmas music ;o)

Connie - thanks I will let you know when it arrives ;o)

Eileen - we used to sort our shopping out on the conveyor belt too - makes it a bit easier ;o)

Kelly - that would be a great idea ;o)