Sunday 10 April 2011

ower shower has no power

I jumped in the shower this morning turned the knob to start it up...

...it started for a few seconds then I heard the power bit stop and the jet of water then went from an eight down to a three yes it became a trickle (okay thats an exaggeration but you get what I mean).

I was able to wash my hair sufficiently so that was ok.

James has since been up in the loft to see if the plug for the shower had come out (or anything equally as obvious) and it hadnt so we have since bought some fuses incase the fuse had blown (the one in the fusebox was still in the "on" position so we knew it wasnt that).

If we cant fix it ourselves then we will have to call out a plumber.

Oh well at least we can still have showers but they just wont be as good as were used to.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh heavens. It is always something. At least it wasn't cold. It wasn't cold, was it? I would much prefer a warm almost dribble to a cold full on shower!

chocolat lover said...

it was warm thank goodness

Al said...

If you really miss the water pressure, then a pressure washer would easily replicate that. Make sure you try it out on James first though, just in case there are any unpleasant side effects.

chocolat lover said...

Al - we have someone coming over on Wednesday...

...a pressure washer would really wake me up first thing in the morning!

And yes I usually "test" things on James first for that very reason ;o)

Eileen H said...

At least you're not totally without water - what a disaster that would be.
Hope it gets sorted on Wednesday and doesn't cost too much to fix.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - thats what I thought yesterday...

...fingers crossed

Connie T. said...

One day I turned on my shower and it was just a trickle. The water pipes must have had a stick or rock in them. The fixer guys came over and fixed it.

chocolat lover said...

its horrible when that happens...

only one more day of horrible weak showers left ;o)