Wednesday 13 April 2011

street light interference phenomenon avoidance

I was standing waiting for the train at Chelmsford Train station this morning, and I noticed that all of the lights on Platform 2 went out at the same time...

...how can the contractors who installed the lights be such killjoys for not letting us commuters customers have the enjoyment of walking under a street light and making it turn off!

Lets face it there is precious little other fun to have at the train station...

...the yellow line is there to stop you from accidentally being sucked under an intercity train if you stand too close to the platform edge (not that I would ever try that game anyway).

I am surprised that they even sell coffee at the train station because you could trip up whilst running for the train and scald yourself (mind you they dont like you running along the platform either), but I guess that profit comes before safety.

6 comments:

Al said...

As long as the cup of coffee has one of those "Caution: Contents may be hot" notices on it somewhere they're probably covered on that score.

If you really want to annoy them at the train station, cross from one platform to another using the tracks. Make sure there are no trains approaching first though, otherwise it tends not to end well. For some reason they get really upset when you do that.

chocolat lover said...

I cant think why they wouldnt like people crossing the easiest way possible!

LOL again this is another thing I dont think that I will try ;o)

Eileen H said...

I know your posts are light hearted and I enjoy reading them very much, but.. re: the tracks, please spare a thought for the poor staff who have to pick up the pieces (it does happen you know) :(

Anyway, had a god chuckle this morning when I received my competition prize - wow, thank you so much :)

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - glad you got it ok ;o)

there is no way that I would want to go on the tracks!

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - forgot to say its quite easy to forget that some poor soul has to clear up the aftermath ;o(

Kelly said...

My streetlights do that. They turn off, certain ones, when I approach. Especially if I think about them turning off when I approach. If you come to town someday, I'll show you! ;)