Thursday 3 September 2015

lost and found bunny

Yesterday we were going into town and Evie said that she wanted to take her "Guess How Much I Love you bunny" ;o)

So I told her (in true Mummy style - my Mum said it to me & my brother) that she couldnt taker her with us in case she lost her, but she still insisted on taking it...

...so Evie took her with us and wouldnt let me put it in the bag either...

...about halfway into town I noticed that Evie had fallen asleep and when I went to retrieve the bunny it had gone!

And as we were meeting James Mum & Dad I didnt have time to walk back to find it :o(

When she woke up I told her that we had lost bunny but we would look for her on the way back and she was fine with it (I knew that we could buy another one for her in Sainsburys too if need be).

On our way back I popped into The Entertainer to see if they sold them but they didnt.

So on our way home I told Evie that we would have to look out for her bunny...

..I checked all of the walls (and even behind the wall if I could) and the road signs to see if it had been placed on them but it hadnt...

...and then in the road right by the kerb I saw her bunny ;o)

So I picked it up and told Evie that I had found her - and Evie asked to cuddle her and I told her that I would have to give it a wash first as she had been in the road.

So when we got home I filled the sink with soapy water (washing up liquid) and started wiping it with a sponge and Evie insisted on helping to wash it and it got soaked ;o)

The bunny dried overnight and this morning when Evie woke up it was dry ;o)

Evie cuddling her bunny

6 comments:

chamonix44 said...

I'm glad you found the bunny again. Did you know you can buy a GPS tag for favourite bears, bunnies etc. so that you can trace it if it gets lost? http://www.tagateddy.com/

chamonix44 said...

BRAND NEW GPS Tag A Teddy Smart ID Tag (New Smaller Design)
BRAND NEW GPS Tag A Teddy Smart ID Tag (New Smaller Design)
£4.00
plus £1.00 p&p
The Brand New GPS Tag A Teddy Smart ID Tag - the first product of it kind to safeguard your loved ones most treasured possessions and now half the size at just 4cm x 3cm.

As well as being 100% child friendly and permanent the tag is also machine washable. Made out of child friendly soft materials and is suitable from birth onwards for teddy's or comforters,

Each tag is unique with a personal magic identifier and code that links to the profile you create when you register your tag on our website, When the tag is scanned it will automatically redirect to our free app and you will receive a email with details of your teddies location and the finder will be able to view your unique profile

Each profile contains your teddy name, description and photo as well as your contact information and social network links making it very clever indeed

With FREE lifetime protection from Tag A Teddy making your loved ones teddy a Teddy Forever xx

Eileen H said...

I'm so glad you found bunny for Evie.
Wow at the Tag a Teddy and so reasonable too. Technology amazes me, it really does!!
Just like having your dog microchipped really :-)

chocolat lover said...

Mum - thanks for that ;o)

Evies toy monkey has a tag on it with our mobile numbers on in case he gets lost or taken home by another child from pre school.

Eileen - James picked up another bunny while we were in the supermarket just in case she loses it again...

I have always thought that microchipping pets is a good idea ;o)

chamonix44 said...

Our sweet cat, Mulan is microchipped. Some people have microchipped their children. I watched a program about it on TV a few years ago.

chocolat lover said...

microchipped kids that is a step too far...