Tuesday 8 September 2015

school visits

Yesterday at Tumble Tots one of the Mums was saying that schools hold open mornings/evenings for prospective parents.

So when we got home I switched the pc back on and did a search for the schools in our area to see if any were saying yet when their days would be (so I can book our places and to see if James can get the time off to come too).

The first two schools I searched didnt have any mention and then the third one said they had a date on 6th October (brilliant, I was just about to e-mail James when I saw a crucial red banner at the bottom saying "proudly produced by Portsmouth City Council!) ;o)

I then refined the search for the school and included Chelmsford and alas that one didnt have any information either...

It reminds me of an ex boss I had (who is very posh think Tim nice but Dim) he rang up a school wanting to put his sons name down and was promptly told that you dont need to put your kids name down for comprehensive schools!  I dont know if he eventually got hold of the right school or not ;o)

Still I shall ask at the school tomorrow about when theirs is when I drop Evie off at pre school - she is getting very excited about having her lunch there tomorrow (she has told me that she is going to feed her toy monkey ;o)).

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

I can't remember what we did about schools when my two were younger. We moved house a few times so I think we just called in to the nearest school to tell them our children would be starting there! Times have changed and it's only going to get more difficult for places. I hope you find the information you need.

chocolat lover said...

I think that my Mum did the same...

...the school that the pre school is attached to has taken my details so will get in contact with me nearer the time ;o)