Sunday 6 September 2015

too boiled eggy

On Friday Evie was playing by putting a stress ball into a plastic jelly pot and was pretending that it was a boiled egg ;o)

So I asked her "would you like a boiled egg fro your lunch" and she said "yes please", so after I had got us dressed and cleared up from breakfast we went to Asda to buy some eggs ;o)

So we got home with our bags of shopping (yes I did end up buying more than just eggs) I put the kettle onto boil and filled up a bowl with cold water (to cool the egg down quicker).

As I had bought large eggs I boiled one for 5 minutes and put in in the bowl o cold water while the bread toasted.

Then I put some butter on the toast and cut it into thin soldiers and put her egg into an egg cup and brought it into her...

...I showed her how to smash the top of the egg with the spoon and took off the broken shell bits and then removed the top of the egg white and she ate it (she didnt spit it which was our first hurdle ;o)).

Then I showed her how to dip the soldiers and she enjoyed doing that and even eating them with the yolk on (which was our second hurdle).

dipping her soldier

Then she decided that she just wanted to eat the toast so I started spoon feeding the egg to her - she had 2 spoonfuls (one egg white and one egg white and runny yolk) and she told me that she didnt like the boiled egg, so I asked her what she didnt like about it and she said that it was too boiled eggy ;o)

the egg was too boiled eggy
You really cant argue with logic like that I suppose ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

I think boiled eggs and soldiers are an acquired taste :)

chocolat lover said...

they definitely are...

...I was surprised that she had eaten as much of it as she did ;o)