Sunday 26 May 2013

they will ruin it

I was looking in the Daily Mails tv guide and under their coming here/going there article it mentioned Everybody Loves Raymond (as the coming here part) being an avid fan I read on ;o)

It then says that the BBC are about to film there own version called The Smiths.

All I can say is "did they learn nothing" from the ITV remake of The Golden GirlsBrighton Belles basically in 1993 ITV showed six pilot episodes and the one with the most viewers  got a TV series...

...Brighton Belles was the first pilot shown and was (billed as a Golden Girls remake) and thus got the most viewers, it was a rubbish show and followed the original script save for a few English substitutions (the main one I remember as the word slut being replaced by tart).  I loved The Golden Girls and watched it every week but Brighton Belles just didnt have the warmth.

The ironic thing is is that Everybody Loves Raymond is shown here on Channel 4 and even if the BBC show The Smiths at the same time then people are still going to watch Everybody Loves Raymond, well I certainly will anyway.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Oh dear I can't comment today, didn't watch/understand any of that!

chocolat lover said...

sorry ;o)