Tuesday 5 January 2016

racing and walking

Yesterday morning after breakfast we went upstairs to get dressed.

Evie went to the toilet first while I sorted out her clothes, and while I was going to go to the toilet I asked her to get dressed.

I went in a few minutes later and found her lying on the bed!

After it took nearly 2 hours the other day I thought that I would try the racing technique again, so I said to her "lets race to see who can get dressed first"

She then got up and took her glasses off and kept on telling me that she was going to win ;o)

She ran in to show me that she had taken off her top shouting "Im winning mummy" so I sent her back into her room...

...then she ran in to show me that she had taken off  her bottoms, then her vest, the she had her long sleeved top on, she needed me to help her with her tumble tots t-shirt, and she also needed a bit of help with her trousers too.

And yay she won ;o)

And as I hadnt gotten out her socks I did them for her after.

I asked her if she wanted to walk to Tumble Tots or go in the buggy, she said that she wanted to go in the buggy...

...so I asked her again just before we were leaving and she said that she wanted to walk, so I then asked if I should bring the buggy with me just in case she got tired and she said "no" so I left it at home.

We left home 15 minutes earlier than we do normally (in case she dawdled) I think it only took as an extra 5 minutes all told so that was good.

She then did tumble tots...

...as she normally has a packet of crisps on the way home I decided to let her eat them before we left t come home as walking and eating might have been a bit of a struggle.

She was about halfway through her bag when she said that she wanted to go home now so I told her that we could leave after she had finished

So we went to the toilet and set off home...

..no sooner had we walked out Evie said that she was too tired to walk!

So I told her that it wasnt that far to go and the sooner we got home the sooner she could have some lunch ;o)

I kept on talking to her telling her how close landmarks were (such as the archway we walk through and the footbridge we walk over) ;o)

We eventually got home (only 10 minutes later than normal) and I expected her to want a nap after lunch but she kept on going until bedtime ;o)

1 comment:

Eileen H said...

She's doing really well, you're a good teacher :)