Sunday 31 January 2016

not using my thumb and upside down turtle*

* no turtles were harmed in the making of this blogpost ;o)

On Thursday me & Evie had our dentist appointments.

We got there in plenty of time and when we got called in I put my bag and our coats on the chair and the dentist told Evie to climb on the chair, so I asked if se wanted her to sit on my lap and she said "no, she can sit on her own now" ;o)

Evie didnt mind sitting on her own and the dentist even told her that her teeth were like pearls ;o)

Then it was my turn, Evie got off of the chair and I sat down, after making sure that Evie was sat down ok ;o)

Evie then shouted out that I looked like an upside down turtle ;o)

As my teeth were all ok I then had my teeth cleaned and polished and Evie told me after that my teeth were lovely and clean now ;o)

Yesterday I was changing the bedding when I suddenly got a really bad pain in my thumb...

...it only hurts when I move my thumb or try to grip something.

I went to see the pharacist this morning (hoping that I could get some sort of support bandage) the only advice I got was to not use my thumb for a couple of days and to use some ibprofen gel!

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Sounds like a good experience at the dentists and your dentist has a nice chairside manner :)

Could be a repetitive strain injury to your thumb. You don't realise how much you use your thumb until it hurts! I hope it gets better soon.

I was told to use that ibuprofen gel on my frozen shoulder, I don't think it did it much good, I ended up buying a Tens machine and going for physio !

chocolat lover said...

I do have a tens machine from when I was pregnant...

...but my thumb/hand isnt big enough to put the conductors on ;o)