Thursday 3 February 2011

chancing agencies

I had a phone call today from an employment agency...

…he asked stated that he had heard that we were looking for someone.

I was perplexed by this and asked where he had heard this titbit of information and he muttered something about hearing it on the grapevine from a colleague of his and that it had filtered down to him!

My bullcr@p alert was going in overdrive at this point…

I said no that as far as I was concerned we weren’t looking for anyone, and no we wouldn’t be looking for anyone in the near future! Just to pre-empt him like!

He then said that if he had someone exceptional would there be an opening…

…my first reaction was “hell no” – if they are more exceptional than me then Im DEFINITELY not interested…

..of course I didn’t say that – I just said that we still wouldn’t be looking for anyone!

I give him credit for chancing his arm like that, and he will probably strike lucky with one place today through his cold calling…

…LOL it just wont be with me! ;o)

2 comments:

Al said...

I read the title as changing agencies, so I naturally assumed after the first paragraph that any agency you did use was giving away that sort of information and you weren't happy!

I imagine he will strike lucky somewhere, but if he has to resort to tactics like that then it makes me wonder if our definitions of exceptional may differ from his.

chocolat lover said...

LOL I think they may be different too ;o)