Wednesday 9 February 2011

not noticing which side I stand on

Joe did a post yesterday regarding escalator etiquette

…he asked me (directly I may add) if here in the UK we mirrored our driving side by standing on the left and passing on the right (in The States they stand on the right and pass on the left), I immediately (as fast as my little fingers could type but before my brain got into gear) said no we stand on the right and pass on the left.

Then a couple of hours later (it takes me that long to get my brain working especially after having an Advil PM last night) I then realised that I don’t think we stand on the right after all…

…then a bit later while making the 10 am cup of tea (which I was making at 10.30) it then struck me that no we stand on the left and pass on the right (there are even signs on the escalators saying “keep left”).

LOL its amazing what you don’t notice throughout the day…

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

You've got me totally confused now, though that's not difficult:) My son works for LUL and as far as I can remember he told me to always stand on the right. In fact he has yanked me over more than once :) Not having a single escalator here in this god forsaken place in Wales, I could be remembering wrongly :)

Connie T. said...

Over here in the US, they stand on the right, on the left and in the middle. They don't let you pass.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - LOL it is the right now thinking about it...

Connie - on the narrow escalators its impossible to get past people anyway...