Wednesday 2 February 2011

going to the cinema is well expensive

One of my mates e-mailed me yesterday to see if I fancied going to the cinema to see The Kings Speech.

I thought to myself yeah why not I havent been to the cinema in ages and it looks like it will be a good film in spite of all of the Oscar nominations!

I got an e-mail today from another friend who is coming too to say that she had booked the tickets and they are costing us £10.75 each, and get this the booking fee is £2.25 that is over 25% of the price!

How can they justify charging us that much?

6 comments:

Eileen H said...

That is very expensive!
I haven't been to the cinema for years and haven't really got the inclination to go... and not at those prices! I'd rather stay in with a dvd and a bottle of wine:)
I'm sure you'll enjoy the film.

Al said...

It depends on where the cinema is, I once went to a cinema in central London and it was many times more expensive than the same chain here in Crawley.

Also, if the booking is made online they often make that booking charge. I generally just buy the tickets at the time and save myself the booking fee. Unless it's a really busy time and a new release that everyone wants to see (Harry Potter or something like that) then you normally don't need to book.

Just wait until you see the prices of the stuff they try and sell you when you're in there!

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - you have the right idea ;o)

Al - when I worked in Chelmsford I was practically next door to where the cinema was so I would go in to buy the tickets in person...

LOL I normally take my own drink and snacky bits - although as I am trying to be good it will just be a drink ;o)

Al said...

They don't let you do that openly here, you have to try and sneak it in...

The Captain said...

I have a Cineworld Unlimited card which costs me £13.50 a month and I can go as often as I want.

chocolat lover said...

Captain - your unlimited card sounds good....

...LOL do you feel that you go to see films that you wouldnt normally watch because you can see them for free?