Wednesday 7 September 2011

good vs evil

That is how Donald Trump described the finale of the US Celebrity Apprentice between Trace Adkins who was "good" against Piers Morgan who was "evil".

I was watching it and I thought well this is bound to be a bit of a whitewash with a statement like that coming from Donald Trump himself.

I watched Piers throughout the series and I didnt think that he was "evil" ruthless? yes and I wouldnt have put it past him to sell his own granny if that would have won him a task, but then you dont become a journalist or a tabloid editor by being "nice".

Being British I totally got Piers' sense of humour and his "aggression", but he didnt go down at all well with his American fellow celebrities and when Donald asked them if they preferred Trace or Piers they all said Trace because he was nicer (LOL none of them mentioned his sexy Southern accent ;o)).

James thought that he wasnt liked simply because he was British but I think it was mainly down to cultural differences.

Surprisingly enough Piers won but then he did raise loads more money for charity, and that was the purpose of the show.

If you watched that series what did you think of Piers?  I know that for my US friends I am a couple of years out of date...

...but still ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Haven't heard of this programme, never heard of Trace Adkins.
Just so I can leave you a comment,
I won't say anything at all :)

chocolat lover said...

thanks Eileen... ;o)

...it was showing late on BBC on Monday nights...

...Trace is a Country & Western singer with a really sexy Southern Accent.

Gene Simmons from Kiss was also on there and he has a sexy gravelly voice but he got himself fired (earlier on in the series) on purpose in my opinion.