Friday 23 September 2011

withdrawn or not withdrawn?

I went to Sainsburys last night to get a few bits of shopping to tide us or rather me over until the weekend...

There was only three things that I needed to get...

...clementines (because I had ran out), spinach and some sort of fruit for dessert to have tonight.

I bought some strawberries and two bags of spinach but had completely forgotten the clementines and only realised when I was getting my stuff ready last night!  Isnt that just typical?

So this morning I popped into Tesco to get a replacement for the clementines, I ended up getting a packet of ready prepared watermelon and I also picked up a croissant.

So I queued up at the self service tills (as they were the only thing that was available first thing) and scanned the watermelon then I touched bakery products on the screen found the croissant touched that I was then asked how many so I keyed in 1 and the screen said that the product had been withdrawn!

So I tried again and again it said that the croissant had been withdrawn...

...I REALLY fancied a croissant what was I going to do now?

So I called over the staff member who was watching the self service tills and he could see the distress on my face and he put in his ID and then keyed in the code for a croissant...

...phew a pregnant meltdown was averted ;o)

6 comments:

Al said...

A dodgy update there by the sounds of things. It happens more often than it should but it will probably be driving staff up and down the country mad all day.

chocolat lover said...

sounds like a good reason for everyone to buy croissants ;o)

*ducks* as a heavy object comes flying through cyberspace ;o)

Eileen H said...

She could have let you have your croissant for free, it wasn't for sale after all :)
Sounds a bit like the bar code blip when my tin loaf scanned at £5.56!

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - its frustrating when the self service tills throw a wobbly...

Anonymous said...

I love clementines. Those self serve check outs always screw up.

chocolat lover said...

Connie - there are people out there who actively avoid them for that very reason