Tuesday 6 September 2011

I just made it through the closing doors

I got to Chelmsford train station this morning and saw that the train that I was in time to catch was running late.

I went upto the platform and got to the rough area where the doors would open, we waited for the train to arrive...

...when it did turn up it was the next train and I was in completely the wrong place plus I was near to where the first class compartment was too :o(

So I got on the train and it became apparent that I wasnt going to get a seat so I got off of the train just as the doors were closing (LOL a complete reversal as people normally get on through the closing doors ;o)).

I waited probably no more than six minutes for the next train to arrive for it to be half empty, so I had a nice comfy journey ;o)

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

Was a good move to get off that first train to get on the next one...

however, I'm going to sound like your mother now, but no more taking risks by jumping through closing doors!!!

chocolat lover said...

The doors just happened to be closing as I was getting off of the train...

...LOL I dont think that I would have the energy for any jumping ;o)

Al said...

If one train is delayed and thus packed it's often a good tactic to wait for one that would be following close behind as it will almost always be much more pleasant. Of course that only works if one train is delayed, if they all are then it's going to be fairly unpleasant regardless.

You could have shamed someone into giving you thier seat anyway. Just remember that the one at the very front facing forwards isn't an option and you probably shouldn't try to get that one.

Kelly said...

Al is right- you could have shamed someone into giving up your seat. :)

Glad you didn't get stuck standing up...and it sure is nice that the trains come so frequently.

chocolat lover said...

Al & Kelly - I did think about thrusting my belly into someones face but am glad that I managed to get the next train instead ;o).

Kelly - Chelmsford is quite a big town so we do get more trains and during the busy times then you dont have to wait for more than eight minutes before the nest train arrives ;o)