Sunday 11 September 2016

first afternoon

Evie stayed not being upset about going to big school until 5 minutes before we were due to leave...

...I asked her to go to the toilet and she started going upstairs and started crying telling me that she didnt want to go.

So I told her that she would have fun, and that there would be a story and a song and drawing like there was when she had her short session in July.

And I told her that she had to go!

So we left and she carried her book bag and I lugged everything else :)

We got there and we were first in the queue...

Finally the gate was opened at 1.15 and the parents and children were let in and then we lined up outside our classroom and the teacher was letting the kiddies in and getting them to hang up their bookbags onto their peg (complete with a photo just to make sure you get the right one) :).

I went home and then went to pick her up at hometime and she was happy to see me and said that she had a great time :)

And she was even singing on her way home :)

Im not sure if she is going to be too happy about going again tomorrow and all week (even though she still is only doing afternoons).

all ready for school

5 comments:

Agent 54 said...

I felt the same way about going to my previous job.

The Captain said...

My kids both loved school and even wanted to go at weekends.

chocolat lover said...

Timothy - its never good wen its like that...

Kirt - hopefully Evie will enjoy school that much eventually...

Eileen H said...

She looks very grown up in her school uniform. She'll soon get used to the new routine.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - thanks I know it will take time...