Sunday 3 March 2013

stair climbing

On Friday I was getting my lunch out of the fridge and out of the corner of my eye I could see Evie  by the stairs and then she managed to lift her knee onto the stair and pull her other leg up ;o)

Like any good Mum would do I got the camera out and videod motion pictured her going up here and here I bet you thought that I was going to say about getting out the safety gates didnt you?

Well we now have safety gates at the top and bottom of the stairs ;o)

I did tell her that she couldnt go up the stairs unless me or James are with her but I dont think that she understood me...

I was checking through my e-mails this morning and there was a world book night e-mail asking me where I want to pick my books up from so I have chosen the library as I am pretty sure that if I had chosen Waterstones then I would have had to collect them from upstairs.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, she understands you. The thing about little ones like that is they know they can *pretend* to be oblivious....they are too cute to get into big trouble with the parents! ;) I think it is part of nature's design.

It is neat that she is so mobile and exploratory!

chocolat lover said...

I think that you are right about her pretending to not understand ;o)

I think that I would too if I could get away with it ;o)

Eileen H said...

She's a clever girl. She got a little tired at the end though.

I think it'll just be a matter of a couple of weeks before she starts walking. My two started by holding onto the edge of the sofa and they also had a push along toy as well. They feel safe if they have something to hold on to.

It's great to be able to have these moments on video :-)

chocolat lover said...

I tried to get Evie to walk with the walker but she just let it roll forward but her feet stayed in the same spot ;o)

She hasnt gone up the stairs again since Friday (when she ended up doing it 3 times), we are wondering if the safety gates are putting her off.

Oh well we will keep on trying...