Monday 21 March 2011

I saw a big rat

Walking to work this morning from the train station, I was merrily crossing Bevis Marks while walking down St Mary Axe and I saw something move very quickly out of the corner of my eye!

I thought that I was imagining things so I looked again and it was a RAT a blooming big rat...

so (LOL as I was only on my way to work) I decided to follow him to see where he went...

...he ran into a crevice so I managed to do a couple of photos before he ran off again ;o)

here he is thinking that if he keeps still then I cant see him


and here he is running off

6 comments:

Al said...

For every rat you do see, think about how many that are around but you don't see!

Eileen H said...

How brave are you, standing there to take a photo :)
I would have run as fast as my little legs would carry me :)

Connie T. said...

Once I was at work and this mouse ran across the floor. My boss told me to catch it. I said "No way, you catch it." I think it ate some rat poison and it was running a little groggy. I think we did put a cup over it and called maintanence.

chocolat lover said...

Al - I always worry about cockroaches for that very reason...

Eileen - my first thought was to run away then I decided to see where he went.

Connie - we had some mice in our office too - we mouse proofed the bits in the kitchen - LOL I even drew mouse footprints on the labels saying "mouseproof" one of our IT guys put a pc mouse in with the teabags and someone else left coffee grounds on one of the directors desks ;o)

Kelly said...

Oh gross. That is so disturbing. It is hillarious that you decided to follow it, though. ;)

chocolat lover said...

Kelly - I followed him because I had time on my hands ;o)