Sunday 13 March 2011

rediscovering golden syrup cake

Last week while doing our food shopping James came back with a packet of Jamaican Ginger Cake and a packet of Golden Syrup Cake as they were buy one get one free...

...anyhow I opened up the packet of the golden syrup cake and had forgotten just how nice it tastes according to the packet a slice of it is 88 calories, and they deem a slice to be one tenth of the packet...

...now I dont know about you but I really cant be bothered to measure out a tenth of anything...

...and what sort of product would you really want to measure out in 10ths?

LOL I think I had about a quarter of it which to my way of thinking is a far better portion size ;o)

3 comments:

Lot-O-Choc said...

Oh wow, ive never tried golden syrup cake before..and a 10th! Thats a bit of scrimping and scraping of a portion isnt it, a nice thick door stop slice is in order I think!

Al said...

You always see that, a nice low headline calorie count but when you look a little closer it's for what no sane person would consider a portion.

I'm more of a ginger cake fan myself though, I wonder how many calories are in a tenth of that. I don't care, but I do wonder!

chocolat lover said...

Natalie - I prefer doorstop sized slices too ;o)

Al - I love ginger cake too - I think that I will get that one next time ;o)