Thursday 3 March 2011

a glut from down under

Someone at Watch has been buying up (what I guess are cheap) cookery shows from Australia & New Zealand...

It started with Masterchef Australia I thought their rehash of the format really worked - I even preferred it to the UK version (which they have since hashed to make it more like the Australian version and James now hates the new version of it).

We have had two series of Masterchef Australia which I thoroughly enjoyed ;o)

Then a few weeks ago came Masterchef New Zealand - we sky plussed it (so if you know who won please dont let the cat out of the bag), we watched the first episode last night...

...incidentally I was totally gobsmacked to see Ross Burden as one of the judges (he looks really haggered now).

Anyway now onto the reason for this post...

Watch have now just started showing the first season of Junior Masterchef Australia, with Gary and George still being two of the judges, they are both really warm people and they totally make the show what it is...

In the junior series their enthusiasm has increased to what was a six upto a eighteen (and yes I am talking out of ten here).  This was all too much for poor James and he exclaimed (after a girl managed to melt a plastic ramekin (she filled it with cake mix then put it in the oven) while making a chocolate cake - and Gary gave her a hug and helped her save the dessert she was making) that I could watch this series on my own...

6 comments:

Al said...

Does Watch ever show anything but shows that must have been bought cheaply?

Still that sounds like something I might do. I can imagine myself totally missing the lots of heat = melted plastic connection, despite how obvious it seems right now!

chocolat lover said...

LOL I think we all have moments like that!

Lot-O-Choc said...

I watch all of these! And I agree I prefer the Australian Masterchef to the British one! I haven't watched the New Zealdn one though :( I must have missed out on that one :(

chocolat lover said...

Natalie - the NZ ones were only 13 episodes and the judges dont have the same warmth as the Aussie one - are you watching the Junior one?

Lot-O-Choc said...

Yeh I am, im watching an episode of it now actually! It's really good, do you like it?

chocolat lover said...

yeah I do...

...I have them recorded on Sky + but havent got around to watching past the first episode yet...